Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tomatogasm

Posted by Picasa
A few years ago, when I first ate at my favorite local restaurant, Corner Table, I described the experience I had there as having a "foodgasm." The effectiveness of our garden this season in growing that amazing red fruit has led to weeks of a special subset of the foodgasm - the tomatogasm. Eating bowls of cherry tomatoes fresh off the vine, caprese salad with our fresh basil, pasta sauce, and salsas, oh my! Here's my favorite recipe, which is my variation of Rick Bayless's lazy man's salsa as seen on pbs a few weeks ago:
The Sensual Woman's Salsa:
Grill tomatoes, red onion, garlic and jalapeno peppers until they start to blacken
Puree grilled veggies in a blender of food processor
Pulse with lime juice, fresh cilantro, salt and pepper
It's even better when it sits for a day or two in the refrigerator while all the flavors blend.

1 comment:

butterflydiamondpancake said...

I have had multiple tomatogasms myself this year. I am a novice so I will know next year how to expand my garden with a few more plants. The kids and hubby as well have enjoyed gardening. I never thought so much joy could come from cultivating ones own plants and picking the fruit of a harvest.

This recipe looks beautiful and will definately try it!