Tuesday, January 3, 2012

3 Times in 9 Years



I thought it would be fun to compare belly photos from each of my three pregnancies. These pictures are all from roughly the same time in each pregnancy (late second to early third trimester). From left to right: Pregnant with Ellis @ age 29; pregnant with Charlie @ age 34; and pregnant with the current baby @ age 38.

I've spent time reflecting on the differences and similarities of each pregnancy. I can't say that I love being pregnant, but this time around I've taken time to appreciate the amazing and beautiful ways my body changes when I'm growing a human from scratch.

(P.S. I used to say that your thirties are like being President of the United States in that you look a lot better going in than you do at the end. These photos make me think my thirties haven't been as hard on me as I thought. Of course, it helps that I don't have some of the weird skin issues from my earlier pregnancies and can actually wear makeup this time.)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: