Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Decade of Ellis


The Beginning

What a great ten years it has been. In the past few months, I look at you, and you are barely a kid anymore. I look forward to the ways our relationship will mature along with you. What will the next decade bring? 

1

Likely, in the next decade, someone else besides me will become your favorite person in the world. I hope so, because you have a big heart that needs to be stretched as far as it will grow. Even as the time is coming where you won't automatically grab my hand when we're walking together, I look forward to bringing you little by little into the grown-up world of feelings. I know I cannot spare you the heartache you will have as you learn to love, but I hope you will allow me to help you by sharing the things that I learned the hard way in my own heart's journey.

2

Perhaps, in the next ten years, you will start the video game company you want to, or at least build the skills you need to do that. I promise to continue to talk to you about the things that you want to do, and show you how to make a plan to get there. Dream big, kiddo, don't ever let anyone tell you what you can't do.

3

Before long, you will grow taller than me. I can see it already in your broad shoulders, that the day is coming that I will look up to you. I don't worry that you will be anything less than a gentle giant, because I remember the way you would reach over as a toddler and softly pat my hand. For you, I wish you confidence in your growing strength and the knowledge that you don't have to choose between the life of the mind and the life of the body.

4

In the next ten years, we will travel together and have many adventures. I look forward to discovering the world together through our journeys. I also look forward to exploring the inner world of ideas with you. I already love the way your mind works and there's so much I want to share with you of the ideas that have lit up my brain over the years. I love it best when you bring me new things that spark my imagination.

5

Whatever happens in the years to come, please know that I am grateful to have you in my life. Thanks for making me a mom ten years ago. It's one of the best things that ever happened to me.

6

7

8

9

10
Posted by Picasa

No comments: