Monday, April 29, 2013

The Queen of the Work-Around



I baked Isaac's birthday cake on Friday morning and left it to cool in the pans while I went to run errands. When I got home, the cake was completely stuck and as I tried to jimmy it out, it fell apart. It broke so badly that I couldn't do my normal fix of a healthy dose of frosting spackle. Luckily, I enjoy making something good out of a bad situation - the trickier the better. I made some vanilla pudding and layered the cake with it and the berries and fruit I had on hand. Instant trifle! The best part is that it was more decadently delicious than plain old birthday cake would have been. Score one for the Queen of the Work-Around.

Of course, things may have gone even better in the first place if I had followed Charlie's cake recipe and used "blour" and baked it for 18 hours.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: