Saturday, September 6, 2008

Tourist in My Original Hometown

Labor Day weekend was spent in Chicago. We seem to be getting the hang of road trips with the kids and I was able to sneak in a few photos at the Hegewisch train station and around Millennium park. It peaked interest in me to spend some more concentrated time there enjoying the architecture and the general vibe of a much bigger city than I've been used to of late. Perhaps I'm starting to warm a bit to the city of my birth.

Perhaps most fun was seeing the kids connect with their cousins and other family members. There have been times in the last few years that I didn't think that such a thing would really be possible, but this has been a summer that has brought many pleasant surprises.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

butterflydiamondpancake said...

Southsiders love to bowl. Bowling.
I remember a time when it had more of an "edge" to it.
Castaways, Karen's night out, perm wig, smoking.