Saturday, February 6, 2010

So Long, Nasty Bathroom



Work starts Monday to transform what is possibly the worst bathroom in the world (second only to our upstairs bathroom) into a lovely and tasteful place. I'm looking forward to not having to apologize to guests when they have to use the bathroom. In anticipation of the change, the plastic arm that allows you to flush the toilet from the outside lever broke last weekend, so for a week we've been pulling the chain by hand. It's always darkest before the dawn, I guess.

We actually started this project ourselves way back in 2007 right before I got pregnant with Charlie. In the time between then and now, I've developed the ability to be honest with myself and admit that I'd rather pay someone to do repairs around the house than do them myself, at least when the scope of the project is overwhelming, as it often is in a house that's as old as ours. The bathroom marks the next step in a long string of repairs we are doing to make this house saleable in the next couple of years and certainly much better to live in right now.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: