Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dinner & A Movie

Tonight was date night with my favorite brunette and blonde. Josh is gone for the evening at a work event, but how could anyone be lonely with two warm little bodies snuggled up against you?

Dinner: Spaghetti and turkey meatballs. Ellis helped me cook when I could tear him away from reading Wayside School is Falling Down by Louis Sachar - "Just let me finish this page..."

Movie: The Iron Giant. If you have not seen this fantastic adaptation of Ted Hughes' story set in cold war America about how we are what we choose to be, you absolutely must check it out. If you don't cry at the end, your heart is a tiny cold stone. Movie night would not be complete without stove-popped popcorn (why would anyone eat microwave popcorn at home?) and frozen fruit bars for dessert.

I don't know how many days I will have of the three of us sharing a blanket on the couch, but I try to store them up like sunshine for the future when I am no longer the most important person in their lives and they have better things to do than hang out with their mom.

No comments: