Sunday, March 13, 2011

Eight is Great!

When Ellis turned two and people asked him how old he was, he said, "Eight!" That was the beginning of eight being his favorite and lucky number. Today, he finally is eight. Being a positive kid, he figures that this will be a lucky year. I certainly hope it is for this sweet, imaginative child who taught me when he was born what it means to have someone truly love you. I've never settled for less since then.

Ellis is a math whiz, and he loves games, puzzles and brain teasers. He likes to read books that are funny. He is always coming up with ideas for things we could invent or activities we could try, and while I don't always feel enthusiastic about following through on these ideas, I appreciate his creativity and intelligence. He hates when people do things that are mean and unfair, and because of this, he is perhaps the kindest, most loving big brother I've ever seen. He is a goofball, a prat faller, and a bounding puppy of a boy.

Happy birthday, my love. I wish you a year beyond your wildest expectations.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: