Friday, June 22, 2012

Into Summer...

 
The solstice has just passed and it has only been two weeks since school ended, but I feel a bit overwhelmed by how short summer seems already. There are so many things I want to do with the great swathes of beautiful weather stretched out before us including repetitive indulging in old favorites like the beach, as well as finding one or two new places to add to our repertoire.  I'm also trying to figure out how to balance the needs of a newborn, two rambunctious older brothers who don't always get along, and my own desires to peacefully commune with nature. Then there are the projects - the things I'd like to do around the house that I know will make this a more fun and gracious space for us to share. As always, my ambitions are much greater than what is realistic for anyone, even a whirling dervish of activity like me.

Soon I'll start making lists of all the ideas I have so they get out of my head where they create that feeling of performance anxiety and contribute to my sense of the shortness of time. I can then start to edit that list and discard the things that I don't really want to or need to do in favor of creating space to be fully present in the beautiful gift that is each summer.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: