Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden, Pt. 1




I visited the Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden in Theodore Wirth Park in Minneapolis for the first time today. It was everything I imagined it to be - a feast of wildflowers and other small treasures. The day I had today makes me grateful not to be working during the day this summer. The garden was almost completely deserted in the middle of the day on Tuesday and provided endless opportunities for taking pictures. It was hard to select just a few to post here, so I will do a series of posts thematically - flowers, berries, bugs. I'm also looking forward to visiting throughout the April to October open season to see what changes.

Notes to self for future visits: 1. bring the baby carrier (the stroller was too hard to navigate on the paths, so I will have to find a creative solution for carrying the camera & water bottle) 2. The mosquitoes were pretty bad in spots. Plan on applying some bug repellent or not standing still for very long. 3. Don't forget quarters for parking. Luckily, it's only 50 cents per hour to park and I had that in my wallet today. That was a close one!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: