Monday, July 14, 2008

Street Turtles


One goal I have this summer is to get to know my neighborhood better by taking a walk every day that I am able. Biking season may be curtailed this year, but I can still explore on foot with my tiny companion, Charlie. It's a balancing act to get enough of a walk in without going so far that I have to hurriedly cart a screaming baby back home from far away. I found these turtles painted in the street at the intersection of Simpson and Van Buren while on a long walk with Josh last week. I didn't have my camera with me at the time so I went back to find them this evening. The intersections of Van Buren between Snelling and Hamline are painted in different colorful designs. I wonder what the story is behind this. Perhaps the neighbors on each block did this as a collaborative creative expression?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: