Friday, November 6, 2009

Favorite Fall Clothes

This is otherwise known as the post that alienates my friend Adam because it has more feminine energy than he can handle right now. C'est moi! I have some stuff in my wardrobe that I'm really loving right now and wanted to share...

Pointy toe flats with stripey socks. I had a pair just like the blue ones when I was in seventh grade so when I saw these at Target I couldn't help myself. You don't have to ask why I bought the pink flowery ones, too. Even an elderly woman at the polls when I went to vote on Tuesday said, "I love your shoes!" The two pairs cost me $40 together. The stripey socks were half off at J. Crew. They have the best knee socks in the world. I wear them with skinny leg jeans - a look I feel ambiguous about. I vacillate between feeling hip and feeling that I look like my mom circa 1987. I also wear them to work with wide-leg trousers.

Three quarter bell sleeved jackets. I found the yellow Laura Ashley plush one at Goodwill for $8. The tweed is a J. Crew that I got at a consignment shop for $34. The original prices was $168. I know this because it still had the tags on. Fun jackets over thin cotton/silk t-shirt sweaters from the Gap and a pair of trousers is my current work uniform.

Hunter Wellies. I've had these wellies forever and mostly worn them during trips to Alaska. They are getting a lot more play this fall, especially out in the yard or walking by the river. They actually make fleece liners for Hunter wellies now, so with a pair of those, I can wear these in snow season, too.

Weekend Uniform. The red vest by Lands End is the most-worn item of the cold season. It's perfect outside on a not-so-cold day, and worn inside it keeps the heating bills lower. I call the grey sweater my "depressive sweater." All it needs is a Kleenex tucked in the sleeve. I perk it up with a jaunty scarf on those days when I've mustered enough energy to leave the house (ha ha).
Posted by Picasa

No comments: