Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Gratitude (late autumn)

The mornings have frost now making leaves look like sugarplums in the thin late autumn sunlight. I walk out my front door to see this with my babbling toddler or effusive grade schooler. Whether waiting for the school bus or driving to work, I feel grateful at the start of each day that I get to live with these people in this place. I have moved on from my original crankiness about the waning light and the death of the garden. Taking these quiet moments, I am able to anticipate the coming winter wondering what it will be like this year, as winters are different like snowflakes. Right now, I hold late autumn and its unique beauty in my hand and know that satisfaction with what you have is a transferable skill in any season.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: