Friday, October 8, 2010

Everything is Golden




I've been working way too much lately and have been sick way too much lately and while I was distracted by my inner surliness, nature set ablaze. I may feel gray and drizzly, but it's in dissonance to the world around me, which is incandescent with yellow and orange and red. So today, I meandered around Como Lake with Charlie with no agenda but finally to enjoy the glorious weather we've been having. We saw the eagle that hangs out around the lake perched in a tree and lots of mallards diving and playing and quacking. We saw the last wildflowers of the season and a few final bumble bees. We sat on benches and lamp posts pretending they were beds or roller coasters. We took our time to enjoy a landscape that is like being surrounded by a million glowing paper lanterns.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: