As the weather seems determined to tumble into summer before May even comes to a close, we are grateful for the following:
- The long hours of daylight meaning more outside family time even on weekdays.
- So much access to the river banks right in our own city.
- Old craggy twisty trees for climbing.
- Shoes that are easy to kick off.
- Bikes and bike paths and a good patient teacher to help expand skills and independence for a more cautious rider.
- A curious caterpiller named Hungry that found a nine-year-old's hands a good place to explore and was given a new home in Mom's prairie garden.
- The relative ease of carrying a ten pound baby in a sling on the outside rather than inside my body.
- River kayakers that spark the imagination with ideas for future summers.
- Watching them love being out in nature as much as we do.