Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Where We've Been (2008)

A couple of weeks ago, I got a virus on my laptop and for about a day I thought everything on it was toast. Including hundreds of photos that I hadn't backed up to my external hard drive. Well, my computer got rescued by a coworker of Josh's (xoxoxo, John) and I got religion about backing things up regularly. I'm in the process of uploading every single picture I've taken since I've had a digital camera onto Picasa Web Albums to have another back up of everything in the cloud.

On the bright side, I've gotten to look back on our everydays for the past four years. I'm so grateful to dip back into these memories - some so sweet, they make my heart ache. The photo above is from early 2008. Charlie was born mid-year 2008 on the summer solstice, but before that, there was that special time when Ellis had his moment as the littlest member of the family. On a cold February night, Josh and Ellis played rock stars (the paper in the lower right corner is their set list that Ellis wrote with songs titles like "Hi" and "Rock Paper Scissors"). Behind the camera is me with Charlie tucked in my belly, growing away.

More to share in the next few days as 2010 winds down. I guess this is the time of year for memories.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: