Thursday, December 30, 2010

Where We've Been (2009)

I like to spend New Year's Eve with my kids. Once, when Ellis was very little, I went to a party without him, and I missed him so much that I vowed to never to celebrate in a strictly "adult" setting again. Closing out a year and beginning a new one is most enjoyable when you are with the ones you love the most. I am lucky enough to have four boys that I want to kiss at midnight, and resolutions are easier to make when you have a reminder right in front of you that so many of your dreams have already come true. Tomorrow, we will make our own pizzas, watch movies, and eat popcorn. We will read our wishes from last year and write down new ones for 2011. We will wear silly hats and dance. We will see who is able to stay awake until midnight. When all is said and done for 2010, Josh and I will be able to look back on all we've built this year and it will encourage us in our continued work as partners in this big long creative process that is life.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: