Monday, July 30, 2012

Porch Sleeping


 
Ellis first suggested the idea for a porch camp out about two years ago. I don't remember why it didn't happen the first year, but I know last year I delayed too long and then ended up being foiled by morning sickness at the end of the warm weather season. A couple of weeks ago, we finally cleaned the porch to a state that spending the night out there would be possible, so I wanted to make sure we didn't miss another summer's opportunity to sleep out.

 
Friday night, I cooked popcorn on the stove while the boys gathered up blankets for their porch-sleeping nests (I admit to calling dibs on the comfiest couch). We picked out the perfect books to take turns reading before drifting off to sleep under the warm glow of our origami fairy lights.

 
I love when you can have a special, magical time without even leaving home.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: