Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Swim Lessons

 
This boy needs stuff to do. He's a bounding, whirling, chatty burst of sunshine as befitting a babe born on the summer solstice.

 (The rare thoughtful side of Charlie)
So weekday mornings, we go to swimming lessons and I watch as he applies the enthusiasm he has for everything to learning how to be safe and have fun in the water. So far, Isaac seems less outgoing than Charlie, so unless I luck out and he's asleep, I bounce around with a crying baby who hates being in the bright sunshine with a bunch of strangers. Children can be so different.

 
It makes me happy to make Charlie so happy with all the activities I find for him. It seems my job is to direct his energy and go along for the very fun ride. When he's home and he draws pictures and writes stories about swim class, and dance class, and whatever else I've signed him up for, I know I'm doing right by this boy, who wants to move at a full-on run out into the world and embrace what he finds. 

 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: