Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hello Fall/Lessons from Summer



The older boys started school today, our neighborhood has a post-State Fair quiet to it, and grandma and grandpa arrive from Alaska tomorrow. It must be the start of fall. My hope for this September is that it will be better than the last two years when exposure to the new germs from all our school friends made each of us successively ill for the entire month.

I'm pleased with the cooler weather and the promise that the change of seasons brings, but also a little sad to see this summer go. Summer 2011 was the best I've had in a long time. Over the next few days, I'd like to share some of the lessons I've taken from my "summer off" hanging out with the kids. The reason for this is found in the first lesson: Reflection is as important as action. We did a lot of fun things this summer, but what I've appreciated most is the quiet time to think and to find the meaning in the things that we do on a daily basis. The time to reflect has made me continually conscious of the abundance of our life together as a family.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: