Friday, October 19, 2012

Some Songs to Celebrate Eight Great Years, Part 4

In October 2004 (basically over the course of the whole month), I fell in love with a very good friend of mine. It turned my whole world upside down and changed everything for the better. To celebrate that happening eight years ago, I thought I'd share a few songs that make me think of us and the life we've built together.

 
Song #4: "Theme from tpt's Almanac" performed by Cantus
 
A post wherein I admit to extreme nerdiness.
 
It's Friday. I've never been much for going out on Friday night. Even as a young woman, I've always wanted to be home in cozy clothes, watching television, and feeling the hopefulness of the full potential of the vast expanse of free time before me. In regards to television, I've enjoyed many a nerdy show over the years, but none comes close to the nerdiness of the current iteration of shows I watch with my beloved husband. Every Friday night, we watch the local public affairs program "Almanac" followed by "Washington Week" on our local PBS affiliate. Yes, we are political junkies (especially local politics). This time is sacred, and it's what passes for date night these days.
 
In regards to "date night," a popular practice these days, we don't get out much. Instead, most nights of the week, after the children are asleep or quietly ensconced in their rooms, we hang out together. Sometimes we talk about heavy stuff, sometimes we watch a show and riff back and forth about the content, sharing many laughs, and sometimes we trade back rubs. We may be more starved for sleep and have less personal alone time than we would care for, but we are not starved for adult time together, and our relationship is rock sold because of it. It also helps that we like each other better than anyone else on the planet.
 
Wishing you all a cozy, nerdy Friday night.

No comments: