Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Farmer's Market Tuesdays




One of my favorite weekly rituals that I established this summer is the Tuesday trip to the farmer's market. The farmer's market is a great way to fill in the blanks from my vegetable garden for things we didn't grow, or in the case of our curious non-fruit producing but otherwise healthy zucchini plants, things that just didn't work out. I'm a total supporter of local vegetables, if only for the reason that they stay fresher much longer in my refrigerator than the grocery store variety.

Is it strange that I find vegetables really creatively inspiring? In addition to giving me all sorts of cooking ideas. The range of colors and shapes are so visually rich that I feel a beauty-induced uplift when I walk through the stands of the market.

The rhythm of our life is about to change again as the kids head back to school in a couple of weeks. I'm glad the Farmer's Market will be open until the end of October to bridge the journey from the easy, outdoorsy, relaxed summer days into the more structured schedule of the school year.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: