Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tick Tock


Yesterday, Amanda at SouleMama posted her "Summer's-Almost-Over List." Here at the tail end of August, I find myself making the same list. The kids start school two weeks from today, the State Fair starts Thursday, and I just received the email with the Alaska grandparents' itinerary for their annual autumn visit. "Not so fast!" says I.

Here's my list of things I want to do in the next two weeks to squeeze the most out of these last carefree days:
  • Go on a day trip to the North Shore of Lake Superior.
  • Take the kids to the State Fair.
  • Make pickles with some of our huge crop of carrots.
  • Have a front porch camp out with Ellis.
  • Have at least one more beach day.
  • Visit Papa at the Zoo.
  • Enjoy the last days of super slow mornings.
There may be some chores that need to be neglected in order to accomplish all this good living, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: