Yesterday, Amanda at SouleMama posted her "Summer's-Almost-Over List." Here at the tail end of August, I find myself making the same list. The kids start school two weeks from today, the State Fair starts Thursday, and I just received the email with the Alaska grandparents' itinerary for their annual autumn visit. "Not so fast!" says I.
Here's my list of things I want to do in the next two weeks to squeeze the most out of these last carefree days:
- Go on a day trip to the North Shore of Lake Superior.
- Take the kids to the State Fair.
- Make pickles with some of our huge crop of carrots.
- Have a front porch camp out with Ellis.
- Have at least one more beach day.
- Visit Papa at the Zoo.
- Enjoy the last days of super slow mornings.